Forum Discussion

dariusz_19888
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jul 17, 2018

Ansible - problem with adding routing domain in modules bigip_snat_pool, bigip_pool_member, bigip_static_route, bigip_virtual_server

Hi, I would like to use ansible in my Big IP configuration. General something it's running but I have some big problem with adding routing domains in configration. It's impossible to add routing domain (ex. like this 1.1.1.1%1) in modules: bigip_snat_pool, bigip_pool_member, bigip_static_route, bigip_virtual_server: Below I put some ex. of ansible configuration .... bigip_snat_pool: server: .... user: admin password: secret name: .... state: present members: 1.1.1.1%1

bigip_pool_member: server: 10.13.101.247 user: admin password: secret state: present pool: V1_P_PLUS_PL_81 partition: Common host: 1.1.1.1%1 port: 81 monitor_type: single monitors: - TCP-UNIVERSAL delegate_to: localhost

bigip_static_route: destination: 10.230.70.0%1 netmask: 255.255.255.224 gateway_address: 1.1.1.1%1

name: Add virtual server bigip_virtual_server: server: ..... user: admin password: secret state: present partition: Common name: V1_V_PLUS_PL destination: 1.1.1.1%1

2 Replies

• I was looking into something like this for a customer and it looks like some versions of the Ansible modules don't understand the percent notation that the GUI and BigIP config uses for Route Domain notation. Try removing the route domain from the IP address (meaning no more percent and rd id), then add a route-domain: 1 to your yaml task.

• We hadn't any choice and we have started writing own ansible module. This module will understood routing domains and other things from my configration