Forum Discussion

Pihu_294516
Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus
May 03, 2018
Solved

Need help with VIP creation

Hello Folks,

I am looking for some assistance in creating a VIP for autodiscover application, the cert provided to me is webmail.xxx.com and I am asked for SSL Bridging , my question is- Will this cert work for autodiscover application? or I need to request for specific cert for autodiscover?

Thanks in Advance.

• Is autodiscover.xxx.com included as a SAN on your certificate? If it is included then your cert may well work.

7 Replies

• Is autodiscover.xxx.com included as a SAN on your certificate? If it is included then your cert may well work.

Anju

Hi Ryan, Thank you for answering that for me.I noticed that the cert does include autodiscover.xxx.com in the SAN. SO, that will be good to go. However, after importing the file it does gives an error message when that cert was called in a ssl profile. What import type I should be using? Do I use PKCS or certificate type ? Tried both but not working.

I have attached the screenshot with the error message, can anyone explain me what does that mean? what wrong I am doing here?

TIA...

Ryan_80361
      Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus

Heya,

I usually convert to PEM format and then paste the cert/key into the appropriate fields. I find it helps to avoid errors.

Anju

Hi Ryan, Thank you for answering that for me.I noticed that the cert does include autodiscover.xxx.com in the SAN. SO, that will be good to go. However, after importing the file it does gives an error message when that cert was called in a ssl profile. What import type I should be using? Do I use PKCS or certificate type ? Tried both but not working.

I have attached the screenshot with the error message, can anyone explain me what does that mean? what wrong I am doing here?

TIA...

Ryannnnnnnnn
      Icon for Altocumulus rankAltocumulus

Heya,

I usually convert to PEM format and then paste the cert/key into the appropriate fields. I find it helps to avoid errors.

• You can also consider creating a wildcard cert with wildcard SAN names. Ex: cn:.google.com san:.autodiscover.google.com, *.yahoo.autodiscover.google.com, *.yahoo.com