Forum Discussion

plchap
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
May 02, 2022

Windows APM 7.2.2 - blue screens?

We're seeing a decent number of users report that their Windows computers will sporadically blue screen with a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error for covpnv64.sys.   This has started happenings since we pushed out the 7.2.2 APM client update.  Anyone else see something similar?   The problem happens just as the VPN session is being established.

It has affected multiple types of laptops and Win10/11 clients.

Same issue described here except Driver Verifier is not involved.

Bug ID 760395 (f5.com)

8 Replies

Edgaal

Same here, exactly, and no idea of how to solve this problem

E_I

I'm also experiencing BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error for covpnv64.sys on Windows 10 21H2, no Driver Verifier running. BigIP Edge Client 7221,2022,412,1126.

Here are the conditions for triggering the BSOD:

- PC put in sleep mode by closing lid while Edge Client is connected.

- When opening lid, waking the PC from sleep, BSOD occurs.

AJXX

Hello all.

Was there ever a resolution or update to this?

We have been experiencing the same issue for the past month in our estate, though strangely it was prior to the rollout of 7.2.2.

• 7.2.2.1 seems to have a positive effect for us, sample size is small though, but worth a try.

plchap

7.2.2.1 fixed most issues but we have at least one user continue to have problems.

Support had a hot fix to resolve lingering issues which we haven't deployed yet. So expect most but not all crashes to be fixed in 7.2.2.1.

Scot_JC
        Icon for Employee rankEmployee

Hi,

Let's have a look at the F5 components as installed to the client machine (typically: with using the CTU/f5winfo.ex - K12444): to avoid BSOD situation, let's ensure the covpn64.sys component originates from v7.2.2.1 (7221.X.Y.Z) or more recent. Any earlier version can cause BSOD.