Forum Discussion

Nishal_Rai
Icon for Cirrocumulus rankCirrocumulus
May 31, 2022
Solved

What should one perform after successful resource provisioning on virtual F5 appliance?

I had encountered this question in my preparation process for F5: 101 exam.

Q. The VE BIG-IP requires additional space for the resource provisioning so, the administrator correctly provisions additional storage space for the VE BIG-IP and the following status of the F5 BIG-IP is displayed:

Location                  Current         New
/var/local                 25468                -
/var/share               512003         10245556

What does this indicate?

• The changes were in effect.
  • The BIG-IP needs to be reboot for the effect.
  • The BIG-IP needs to be restarted for the effect.
  • The hypervisor needs to be reboot.

3 Replies

• Hi Nishal, 

Either the 2nd or 2rd one is what you are looking for. More details on the partition resizing can be found here: https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K14952 and is worth the read. 

About the diference between the 2nd and 3rd option; I'm not sure where you got this question from, but it's not something I would expect on the 101 exam as it is ambiguous. I'm sure I'll get some harsh replies for the following statement, but personally I don't really see a difference between "reboot" and "restart". And even if there would be, the F5 exams are not about checking if you understand English, it's about checking if you know what you are doing. 

If useful, last year I've written a series of articles on the F5 exams and the process; https://community.f5.com/t5/tag/series-f5-certification-mega-meta-series/tg-p First article: https://community.f5.com/t5/technical-articles/f5-certifications-mega-meta-series-how-to-take-the-stress-out-of/ta-p/285055 

It may give you some more insight and some tips for the exam. 

Hope this helps and good luck! 

Nishal_Rai
      Icon for Cirrocumulus rankCirrocumulus

This question was from one of my friends who took the F5: 101 exams in the last week of May. He was sure that these were the following options for the question.

When you select the restart option on your PC, it means you are asking your operating system to restart all the applications which are running on it, while the reboot means when you press the Button which is forcefully restarting the operating system.

So, I think reboot makes more sense for the question.

Thank you for sharing such helpful content and sparing your time for the response, AlexBCT.

AlexBCT
        Icon for Cumulonimbus rankCumulonimbus

Hi Nishal, 

Glad I could help! And thanks for the clarification on reboot/restart, though I still can't think that this makes a difference in an F5 system. 

A quick note on discussing exam questions though; discussing/publicing exam questions is against the Terms&conditions that your friend has signed before writing the exam and he may risk having their exam results revoked or being removed from the exam program. (and unlike some other exam programs, I know that F5 is pretty tough on this to guarantee the exam's integrity)