Forum Discussion

bcarreker
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
Apr 03, 2020
Solved

Unable to Create UCS files

I am working with a VE F5 in an Azure environment. I've been able to create encrypted backups on this F5 in the past, but not today. Last successful back up was a month ago. For some reason, after attempting to create a new back up today; the other 4 previous back ups I had on the F5 have disappeared. Has anyone come across this?

v/r

• Hello bcarreker.

I would say that your actual issue is to have your memory exhausted.

"can't fork: Cannot allocate memory at /var/local/bin/im"

I recommend you to check with 'top' to figure out how it's your memory consumption.

KR,

Dario.

10 Replies

• Hello bcarreker.

I would say that your actual issue is to have your memory exhausted.

"can't fork: Cannot allocate memory at /var/local/bin/im"

I recommend you to check with 'top' to figure out how it's your memory consumption.

KR,

Dario.

Dario_Garrido
        Icon for MVP rankMVP

Glad to hear this :-)

If this answer was helpful, please don't forget to give some upvotes or mark the answer as "the best".

KR,

Dario.

• My guess would be the error's due to storing too many backups on the appliance itself (but, that's a guess). At most, I keep two backups on the appliance itself to save disk space, and back them up to an sftp server every other week (don't have that as automated as it should be right now).

bcarreker
      Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus

I haven't seen anything like this either. Not sure what could be cause. The logs didn't show me anything pertaining to this error.