Forum Discussion

DanielV_25332
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jun 30, 2017

SNMP traps for a specific pool

I am having trouble with a custom SNMP trap with which I am trying trigger alert only if a member from a specific pool goes down or comes back up. From all the articles i could find on the subject as well as using the knowledge from the questions asked on this forum in the past i have created the following SNMP trap and added it to the user_alert.conf file;

alert BIGIP_MCPD_MCPDERR_POOL_MEMBER_MON_STATUS "Pool /Common/MyPool_pool80 member monitor status down." { snmptrap OID=".1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.2.4.0.302"; email toaddress="myemail@company.com" fromaddress="root" body="Server node is down" } alert BIGIP_MCPD_MCPDERR_POOL_MEMBER_MON_STATUS_UP "Pool /Common/MyPool_pool80 member monitor status up."{ snmptrap OID=".1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.2.4.0.303"; email toaddress="myemail@company.com" fromaddress="root" body="Server node is back up" }

The issue is that, while this SNMP trap does trigger alerts and sends email notifications as expected, it triggers alert for ANY pool member that goes down and not just the one for the specified pool. I tried adding IP addresses in the line "Pool /Common/MyPool_pool80 member 1.1.1.1|1.1.1.2:80 monitor status down." – however, it still behaves the same way which is it sends alert for any node going down.

I would appreciate if someone can point out if I am making a mistake somewhere in the trap format and if it is even possible to configure SNMP trap to trigger alert notifications only for a specific pool or a pool member.

Thanks!

No RepliesBe the first to reply