Forum Discussion

E_Lenny_Brown_1
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Dec 17, 2003

POOL_VS enable after manual resume disables.

I have my 3dns set to manual resume when it detects a failure on a virtual server. When the VS comes back up I would like to enable it via a perl script. Unfortunately, the enable_virtual_server() in BaseServer will not enable it. I get no errors, just no enabling. I can disable via disable_virtual_server() and the enable works great.

The biggest difference I see is that in the 3dns GUI, it shows the object type as VS if disabled vi icontrol or the gui, and POOL_VS if disabled by manual_resume.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Lenny Brown

lenny.brown@metro1.com

9 Replies

• The current plans are aligned with BIG-IP v4.6 which is scheduled sometime in January.

-Joe
  • This comes from the developer who wrote the manual resume feature.

Enable_vs is doing an enable at the Server/VS level and manual resume is doing it's disable at the Pool/VS level.

Unfortunately it looks like the appropriate ITCMGlobalLB::WideIP::enable_pool_virtual_server() method was not included in the interface.

I will add a enhancement request to get this included in the next version of the SDK. If you would like to track this issue, please contact F5 Technical Support and create a Case.

F5 Technical Support

Email: support@f5.com

Phone: 206-272-6888

Web: http://www.f5.com/support/

AskF5: http://tech.f5.com/

-Joe
  • Due to scheduling constraints, the SDK is now scheduled to align with 4.6.1. I don't have the exact release date for that but I believe it's next month.

-Joe
  • This is really starting to become an issue for me. Can I get some assurances that:

1) This is in the next SDK

2) The SDK will be released before Christmas (preferably a lot sooner)

Lenny
  • As you've noticed, BIG-IP schedules have been adjusted in the last few months. Currently 4.6.1 is scheduled for May 15. 4.6.1 is now a minor release to support new blade servers. What you need is 4.6.2 which now scheduled for early July.

Again, if you absolutely need this functionality sooner, contact the product support organization and submit an enhancement request officially.

-Joe
    bknotwell_12713
    Historic F5 Account
    "I see that version 4.6.1 of the BigIp software is out, but still no SDK. Are there any plans for a new SDK, or is it dead?"

enable_pool_virtual_server is in 4.6.2

Barring some catastrophe, 4.6.2 is scheduled to release tomorrow afternoon.
  • I see that version 4.6.1 of the BigIp software is out, but still no SDK. Are there any plans for a new SDK, or is it dead?
  • iControl v4.6.2 has been released and we are in the process of uploading it to DevCentral. This should happen in the next day or so.

-Joe