Forum Discussion

Jawad
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
Feb 24, 2020
Solved

I can't create a virtual server on f5

Hello everyone ,

I set up a virtual version of big IP appliance on my virtual machine VMware workstation , and then thanks to Mozilla I was able to create nodes and a pool, but when I tried creating a virtual servers , it doesn't respond , no matter how long I wait , I just can't get to the page where I create a virtual servers , it keeps loading , please help , I really need this

• I guess you mean 2GB.. I am running a Virtual machine on version 15, with LTM only and have 4GB provisioned. Try that and let me know..

15 Replies

• Can you try reloading VM instance under VMware work station?

Hope it helps!

Mayur

Jawad

Thank you for your answer , i don​'t know how to do that .

Jawad

If you mean rebootg the big ip appliance Virtual image , then I've tried that , when it shuts down , my session is disconnected, and when it comes back, nothing changes

• Please try one thing, through cli try to configure Virtual Server using below command under TMSH.

create ltm virtual <vs name> destination <ip:port> pool <pool name> ip-protocol tcp source-address-translation { type automap }

Please check if you are able to create and see it using 'show ltm virtual-address x.x.x.x' under tmsh. If you are able to see, then try to change browser for accessing WebUI.

Hope it helps!

Mayur

Jawad

I tried chrome rather than mozilla , it didnt solve the problem, i also tried the commands you gave me , i logged in as root from my VM and then i typed tmsh and then your command , but this is what it says:

Syntax Error: "<10.10.10.10:80>" ​contains invalid or ambiguous service 80>

Jawad

I removed the <> around the address and now this is what they respond :

01070088:3: the requested object name (/Common/HTTP_vs> is invalid

• The below command should work to create VS through cli.

create ltm virtual TEST_VS destination 10.10.10.10:80 pool TEST_POOL source-address-translation { TYpe automap }

Can you please confirm image version of VM that you are using?

Mayur

Jawad

Thank you , i successfully created the virtual server , but i still cant create one using the interface from the browser (firefox same as chrome ) , im using a bigip-15.1.0.1-0.0.4.ALL​

• Hmmm... Can you confirm how much memory you provisioned for this Virtual machine, and whether LTM is fully licensed and provisioned?

Jawad

I provisioned 2 Mb of memory for my virtual machine , and LTM is fully licensed and provisoned , im following a tutorial , liteally , and he doesnt face any problem, when i do ​

• I guess you mean 2GB.. I am running a Virtual machine on version 15, with LTM only and have 4GB provisioned. Try that and let me know..