Which of these methods do you use, and why? Which methods did I miss?
1) Lowest priority member on a LTM Pool using Priority Group Activation
- Triggers when all other nodes in the pool are down
2) "Fallback Host" on a LTM HTTP Profile
- Triggers with all nodes in a pool are down
3) "Fallback IP" on GSLB Pool
- Triggers when all members of a GSLB pool is down
4) "Last Resort Pool" on GSLB Wide-IP
- Triggers when all members of all GSLB pools are down
All these methods rely on a fallback host whether it is internal or external.
For a response from F5 itself you can create an irule to return a html response.
The event to use is when LB_FAILED, and to send the response you use the command HTTP::respond
With HTTP::respond you can either embed the returned html directly in the command or better call a previously created iFile.