Forum Discussion

SERGIO_VALENTE
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
May 23, 2020

BIG-IP VE TRIAL VERSION 13.1.1 (HA IS GIVING ME SYNC ERROR)

Hello,

I hope someone can please confirm.

Is there a bug with version 13.1.1 BIG-IP Virtual Edition Trial ??? I was testing the HA option . This worked .. got ACTIVE - STANDBY state.

Unfortunately when I tried to SYNC the two UNITS ... I keep getting a ERROR that one UNIT is in WAIT STATE.

I search and search .. but am not able to find a solution. Is version 13.1.1 have a BUG ??

9 Replies

F53
    Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

hello,

So do you get this error " error getting auth token from login provider"

because i can't display my network map and overview of HA status

• ​Hello F5@53

Sorry but I am don't quite understand your reply ... As I mentioned in my question -  I am having a SYNC error with  F5 trial  VE  ( virtual edition)  13.1.1.   Is this a known bug ?  Is there a fix ?

Also is there a list of known bugs with with 13.1.1  ...where can I find this list.

All the best,

Sergio

• Thanks Lidev,

I looked that the bug-tracker ... but don't see how to filter on BIGIP Ver 13.1.1 VE TRIAL VERSION.

I will be looking at purchasing the LAB version soon .. I hope the LAB version has no issue with SYNC. If my understanding is correct the LAB version comes with some support.

•   - I reached out to some internal staff and I got 2 pieces of advice (so far). If there is more I'll add it here.

1. Check out the Troubleshooting a ConfigSync operation section of K13946: Troubleshooting ConfigSync and device service clustering issues.
    2. If you are still in evaluation period of your trial/eval license you can also get Pre-Sales support by emailing support@f5.com or even calling the main support line https://www.f5.com/company/contact/regional-offices#product-support.

If K13946 is no help please reach out to Support - regardless of timing - and let them know you began your query on DevCentral here: (the URL is timestamped). I am sure they will do whatever they can to get to the bottom of your problem.

• Can you please share the output of the following command by running this in tmsh mode:

list /cm

Also share the output of following in tmsh mode :

run cm sniff-updates

run cm watch-devicegroup-device

run cm watch-sys-device

run cm watch-trafficgroup-device

show cm device

show cm traffic-group

show cm sync-status

show sys ha-mirror

show cm failover-status

and this one in bash mode

tmsh sys db configsync.timesyncthreshold

• ​Hi  Lief,  Sachi-Garg, and bluejeans825

I want to thank you all for taking the time to answer my question.

Unfortunately my license with  trial VMware Workstation 10 was expiring ... I decided to purchase a license .. I was redirected to download VMware Workstation 15.   I purchased the license.

Installation went well .  Unfortunately the BIGIP TRIAL VE is having issues (  i can't ping accross the bridge).

I am now requesting to VMware to downgrade and try version 10 -with a license and see what happens.

I will be opening a call with F5  on this issue.

All this to say that I will need some before redoing my HA lab.

Regards,

SERGIO

• Hi Everyone,

I downgrade to version 10 .... now my BIG-IP VE (seems to work) did communication test and it works.

I still need to recreate certain labs ... which I plan to do this evening.

I opened a separate question with F5 ...now that I downgraded from VMware workstation 15 my config files are no longer compatible with workstation 10..... hmmm this is scary !!!

This is LAB environment ... I can swallow this ... but what happens in Prod environment . Note that when I ran workstation 15 .. I was requested to upgrade the VM.

Sergio