Forum Discussion

sagartl
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Nov 24, 2021

Big-IP Edge Client HELP!!!! SEH_Filter, UNHANDLED EXCEPTION!!! Code: 0xc000001d - Illegal instruction- ON windows 11 VM

Hello Folks, i am running the new MacBook with m1 chip and it requires that i can only run ARM based vm on it. I did find a windows 11 insider edition on ARM architecture.

I got the windows 11 VM up and running and then installed the client downloaded from my company available publicly here. https://vpnconnect.bell.ca/vpn/public/share/BIGIPEdgeClient.exe

The client starts up but then immediately closes after about 5s and in the logs the last error thrown is -

Error          2021-11-24 3:34:46:061    Standalone          SEH_Filter, UNHANDLED EXCEPTION!!! Look for F5CORE*.dmp files. Address: 0x71a0db00. Code: 0xc000001d - Illegal instruction

earlier on a older laptop - i used to run a windows 7 vm on mac os and used the same client and same steps and it worked without any issues, but now with the new ARM architecture i can ONLY install windows 11 vm . so not sure if the issue is the architecture or windows 11 or something else?

Please help suggest how I can proceed ? This is really critical I get the edge client working and connected on the windows 11 VM as i have apps that require the use of windows.

Thanks in advance!!!

No RepliesBe the first to reply