Forum Discussion

aojha_127068
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jul 16, 2003

[b]big Ip demo on f5[/b]

hi,

I am new to i control and am working on learning the stuff. I have made a vb.net application which gets the virtual server statistics. the problem is that at this moment we do not have the big Ip switch. will i be able to use the the Ip address of the demo on f5's website???curious cause i am not able to connect with the user name:demo and pass : demo to the switch???it throws some exceptions??can this work??please help

3 Replies

• Hello, F5 currently does not provide devices for customers/partners to develop applications against. If there is an embedded address in one of the sample applications it was a remnant from development. Each of the applications is designed to specify an address of the device and credentials for access (userid, password).

We would be interested in your specifics (why you are learning iControl, etc). We are looking at ways to facilitate non-customers ability to develop and test applications without access to a device. Any feedback you can provide would be helpful to us in that endeavor.

We would also be interested in which demo application you are referring to that references userid "demo" and password "demo".

-Joe
  • hi joe..thanks for the answer..

well the demo application that you are talking about is on the F5's website..in the bigIp section. it asks for a user name and password both being demo to fiddle around and look at the coinfiguration utility that ships with the big IP.

I am a recent graduate from university and am presently working with dattatech in sydney Australia. They want me to work and learn .net as well as I control API. hence i was made a app in vb.net..something like monitorConnections that came with the training CD. I am new to this and this is my first job in the field of computers...if i have any problems in development..please help me out...

thanks again...

regards

Atap Ojha
  • The demo you are referring to is for the BIG-IP user interface, but this machine is not provisioned for a demo usage of iControl. To this point we have had no requests from customers/partners who are developing iControl applications but do not have access to one of our devices. I will pass your request along to product management. If your organization does not currently have a BIG-IP, they can apply for an evaluation unit through our sales channel whose information is available on our website.

Feel free to contact us here for any programming related questions. We look forward to hearing what users are doing (or planning on doing) and receiving any and all feedback. Any information we can get will help us make a better product.

-Joe