Increasing Web Page Complexity
Enterprises cannot keep track of all the scripts and changes that go on in their website and attackers are exploiting this lack of surveillance to introduce malicious code into the supply chain that their web page relies on.
- Most use 3rd party libraries (eg. Marketing Scripts)
- Most 3rd party libraries themeselves depend on another set of 3rd party libraries (eg. jQuery.js)
- Final page loads on end user's browser can easily contain scripts from 20-30 different organizations
Magecart, Formjacking, and E-skimming
What is Distributed Cloud Client-Side Defense?
- Detection. A continuously evolving signal set allows CSD to understand when scripts on web pages exhibit signs of exfiltration. CSD detects network requests made by malicious scripts that attempt to exfiltrate PII data.
- Alerting. CSD generates timely alerts on the behavior of malicious scripts, provided by a continuously improving Analysis Engine. The Analysis Engine contains a machine learning component for accurate and informative analysis and provides details on the behavior of malicious script to help troubleshoot and identify the root cause.
- Mitigation. CSD detects threats in real-time and provides enforcement with one-click mitigation. CSD leverages the same obfuscation and signal technology as F5® Distributed Cloud Bot Defense, delivering unparalleled efficacy.
High Level Distributed Cloud Client-Side Defense Architecture
Client-Side Defense Demo: