Forum Discussion

MDPF5_152674
Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus
May 13, 2016

APM errorcode Javascript alert in logon page

Hi DevCentral,

I would like to implement a Javascript Alert message for the following error codes: 1405 - Password too short 1407 - Complexity Requirements 1408 - Password reuse

Scenario: When the user inputs the new AD password on the APM logon page (Password Expired). I would like to show an alert message for each error code.

I suppose that the following snippet should be added in the logon.inc file but I would like to include an APM Variable as a text (How can I do it?)

logon.inc page:

function OnLoad() { alert("The domain password change operation failed.

Your new password must be at least %{session.ad.last.pwdPolicy.minPwdLength} characters long"); alert("The domain password change operation failed.

Your new password must be more complex to meet domain password complexity requirements. ");

alert("The domain password change operation failed.

Ensure that your new password doesn\'t repeat your last %{session.ad.last.pwdPolicy.pwdHistoryLength} passwords.");

Thanks in advance.

M.

1 Reply

• if you want to insert an APM variable displayed in the page you have an example in you snippet : %{session.ad.last.pwdPolicy.pwdHistoryLength} is displaying the apm variable session.ad.last.pwdPolicy.pwdHistoryLength