Forum Discussion

tolinrome_13817
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Mar 27, 2014
Solved

traffic-group virtual ip address

Hello, I have a setup where there is only 2 vlans (dmz and HA). I noticed that on traffic-group-1 for failover objects I have the floating self-ip and also the virtual ip address. I just noticed that the virtual IP address is an address that is already being used by another device in the same vlan. I would like to change it to something that is not being used, is this possible? I have a feeling that I didn't even choose that ip address, did the big-ip choose it its self?

• Your list of failover objects is populated by the IP addresses you assign to your virtual servers in that traffic group. Go to your virtual servers list and find the one that uses the conflicting IP address, and change it to something different that is unused. Your list of failover objects will then reflect the change.

8 Replies

• You should be able to change the destination address of your virtual server without problems. The change should be reflected in your failover objects.

Cory_50405
      Icon for Noctilucent rankNoctilucent
      I understand that. If you change it to something that's unused on the vlan, then the problem should be resolved. No changes should need to be made on the other device in the vlan that has the conflicting IP address.
  • ok thanks, but how do I change it? Ive been trying to the only place I see it in is in Device Management>Traffic Groups>Traffic-group-1 and the selfip and virtual address are not editable.

• By virtual address, do you mean a virtual server using the conflicting IP address, or the floating self IP address for your DMZ vlan?

• No, I do not mean a virtual server using the conflicting ip address.

There is an IP address on a device outside of the F5 world that is the same IP address as the virtual address in F5>>Device Management>Traffic Groups>Traffic-group-1>Failover Objects>Name Column "The virtual IP Address" Type Column Virtual Address"

This virtual address in the F5 is listed as a Virtual address and I would like to change it since a production device that has existed for a long time already has that IP. How can I change it since it is not editable?

Device Management>Traffic Groups>Traffic-group-1 and the selfip and virtual address are not editable.

• Your list of failover objects is populated by the IP addresses you assign to your virtual servers in that traffic group. Go to your virtual servers list and find the one that uses the conflicting IP address, and change it to something different that is unused. Your list of failover objects will then reflect the change.