fix to bug ID 1039245
we are new to this LTM/ASM product. we are still evaluating features but after using a deprecated IIS iApp we stuck on loading security general settings bug which mentioned as Bug ID 1039245. how ever there is no direct fix for this and document asks about contacting support!
there are two concerns:
1- seems we cannot contact support without having a Serial Number. however our test platform is VE.
2- why isn't there an exact fix to the solution and we need to contact support! (our colleague asked it because we are evaluating not only product features but also support methods).
Thanks in advance
Hello Joe, support is available to VE's as well.
- Virtual Editions do have a serial number. You can see it in "Device Management > Devices > (self)".
- However, as detailed in K3782 since SN depends on hypervisor and doesn't follow a standard format, you will need to provide the last digits of your Registration Key to open a support case for a VE.
- To retrieve your license key, follow K54213125 and either:
- Extract a QKview file and upload it on iHealth. Support will very likely require this file anyways. When .qkview is processed, you'll see "serial number" automatically populaetd with last digits of license key
- Click "Reactivate" in System > License menu: Base registration key will be displayed
- Retrieve it from /config/bigip.license file , running "more /bigip.license | grep -i key"
Regarding the fix, as stated in K73215042 you will need support engineers to provide you with an engineering hotfix. This means the problem is in BIG-IP software, and can't be fixed by an user/administrator.
Future software versions, still unreleased to this date, will likely fix the issue -- but for now this is the only way to address it.
Hope this helps