Forum Discussion

Domel_163525
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Dec 03, 2015
Solved

Deployment of Exchange iApp

Hello guys,

Have a question to ask. I have been recently deploying Exchange iApp on our F5 and have released that I can only specify IPs of CAS sevrers. There is no option to choose existing nodes or just to change the name of the created nodes without deleting it and recreating it.

Also you can not specify in iApp which VLAN the VS should be enabled on. I do understand I can un-tick "Strict Updated" within iApp option and do it manually but that means can not do any more changes using iApp as all my previous manual changes will be overwritten once iApp re-deployed.

Is there any other way to get this done?

All our nodes have as a name - a server FQDN and id doesn't look good with IP address instead.

Thanks, Dom

• Hi Dom, the Exchange template is a special case among our iApps. It's so complicated and long already that we left out a lot of the customizations you'll find on other iApps (f5.http, for example). We are exploring the possibility of adding those options, but it probably wouldn't happen until the next major release of the iApp.

For now, if you are comfortable with authoring iApps, you could make a copy of the template and manually make the changes you need. However, this template is so complex that it might be worth engaging F5 Professional Services.

Mike

1 Reply

mikeshimkus_111
    Historic F5 Account

Hi Dom, the Exchange template is a special case among our iApps. It's so complicated and long already that we left out a lot of the customizations you'll find on other iApps (f5.http, for example). We are exploring the possibility of adding those options, but it probably wouldn't happen until the next major release of the iApp.

For now, if you are comfortable with authoring iApps, you could make a copy of the template and manually make the changes you need. However, this template is so complex that it might be worth engaging F5 Professional Services.

Mike