Changing Management-ip in an HA pair setup
I've read this Article: https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K62249587
but I've a question:
if the management IP is not involved in Failover Network ot Config Sync, do I need to delete the Device Trust?
I thought about these steps:
- force the standby unit offline
- change Management IP of the standby unit
- change Management IP of the active unit
- release standby unit from offline
would there be traffic interruption?
Does the Management IP define the Device Trust?
As I've described, Failover Networks are HA and Inside Interface
Thanks for Answers
it is highly recommended to do that in a maintenance Window , specially if you have " voice " services or FTP applications on you Big-ip device.
if your services are web application only , you will not feel by impact during your action.
> I have do this before with 2 devices in HA , on of them was faulty and when getting the RMA new device , I installed it with the other node without any impact.
- I Broke the HA and device Trust and Configure the HA and build the trust from Scratch again , and it worked fine.
> only Follow these KBs :
This you have shared it :
> Re-build Device Trust :
but it is better to do it in a maintenance Window.