Forum Discussion

Aug 24, 2017

Various VPE issues

hi,

I have been struggling with an ActiveSync implementation for a while now. There are some challenges i would like to get some input on, in order to make some progress.

1. For testing purposes, i have made an "ip subnet match" to make sure only those ip addresses will follow the correct path. Is there a limit to how many ip subnets there can be? im not getting hits on it, unless i create new endings, which quickly become messy.

2. Landing uri. I have set the following checks, to send activesync clients to the correct ending in VPE: UI mode is ActiveSync client Landing URI is /microsoft-server-activesync None of these gets picked up, so the test client is sent to the wrong ending.

3. AD auth is failing, because the VPE adds a (at)domain to the username, which messes things up, as the login fails with "username not found in kerberos database".

Any input on these questions would be greatly appreciated.

==================================================================

The ip subnet match check is now working as it should, and this is only temporary anyway, so not a big thing.

The client check regarding landing uri is also not the most critical, as i think i might find a way around it.

The main challenge now, is the AD authenticaton, which doesnt work as it should.Users log on using different credentials: - domain\username - works if split domain from full username is activated, for some users - firstname(at)email - doesnt work- firstname.lastname - firstname.lastname(at)email - doesnt work. The majority of users will be using this.

When trying to log on, the users will end up in Deny ending, and logs show that "client '' not found in Kerberos database, principal name please verify Active Directory and DNS configuration

Any thoughts on this?