Forum Discussion

Prakin
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
Jun 04, 2023
Solved

Unable to change auth source to rasidus

folks,

anyone encounter this error. unable to change the auth source from local to radius after the radius server and remote role groups. But on the GUI, can change from local to remote-radisus..

# modify auth source { fallback true type radius }
01070920:3: Application error for confpp: /config/bigip/auth/pam.d/radius/system-auth doesn't exist!!
Please create an auth configuration for radius.

Br, Prakash

• sorry for late. just figure out. have to execute below command to create the radius authentication file first which would avoid when change the authentiation method to radius.

#create auth radius system-auth

6 Replies

Prakin
      Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus

No, i have placed the configuration first in cli, create radius server and also remote role groups. when i tried to change from local to radius via cli it does not allow me. but when i try to change from local to radius in GUI it accepeted.

Paulius
        Icon for MVP rankMVP

Prakin Something seems off with the CLI command that is being entered. I recommend going to the GUI, changing the configuration and then going to the CLI and entering "list auth source" to see what has changed that is different from the CLI command that you're entering.

• You may be missing the following step:

Create a RADIUS configuration object that references the RADIUS server using the following command syntax:

create /auth radius system-auth servers add { <server_name> }

Please see the following: https://my.f5.com/manage/s/article/K17403.

• I would also suggest a few more things. I *highly* doubt this is the issue, but heck, you never know!
    - Be sure you are logged into the active unit via SSH console.
    - Make sure the configuration are synced if this is an HA pair.
    - Make sure the BIG-IP code version is the latest within the major code branch.
    - Make sure you are logged into SSH console as a super user --- admin or root. Many times if a file doesnt exist, is because a user in *nix doesnt have proper permissions.

• sorry for late. just figure out. have to execute below command to create the radius authentication file first which would avoid when change the authentiation method to radius.

#create auth radius system-auth