Forum Discussion

NUCUSER
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
Mar 20, 2021
Solved

Trial Big-IP VE software import & upgrade

Can someone please advise if it is possible to import/install to an upgraded version when running BIG-IP VE edition on a Trial Licence?

I am receiving an error when importing an image withing the GUI (path Sysytem/Software Managegement/Image List/Import) - "bad filename BIGIP-15.1.2.1-0.0.10LTM-vmware". 

I am attempting to replicate an issue upgrading in a prod environment on a physical host when upgrading from 13.1.3.6 to 15.1.2.1, the import in prod using an .iso file was successful. The install however failed and the physical host had to be rebooted.

Thanks All

• If it is a reboot that solved the issue the it is not a config or license issue. So a TAC case could be needed. If you don't have anymore questions, we can mark this as closed?

I don't work for F5 but because of the Covid 19 it is nice pass time to help people in Devcentral :)

3 Replies

• Import an iso image from the F5 downloads not an vmware OVA/OVF appliance.

Did the reboot resolve the issue or you had to downgrade tgain to 13.1.3.6? If the reboot did not help maybe the old config had issues that the new version does not like, so after an upgrade always do "load sys config verify" and check any error messages in google as in most cases there will be an article how to fix this.

• Thanks, that sorted it.

Was able to upgrade to 15.1.2.10 successfully in the lab env.

Reboot in prod got us back to a stable position, have not tried again to upgrade in prod.

• If it is a reboot that solved the issue the it is not a config or license issue. So a TAC case could be needed. If you don't have anymore questions, we can mark this as closed?

I don't work for F5 but because of the Covid 19 it is nice pass time to help people in Devcentral :)