cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Login & Join the DevCentral Connects Group to watch the Recorded LiveStream (May 12) on Basic iControl Security - show notes included.

TMSH Command to know the status of the nodes in the pool

Sheela_Narayan_
Nimbostratus
Nimbostratus

Hi,

I am looking for tmsh command for knowing the status (online or offline) of the node/members in the pool level.

LTM version is 11.2.1.

please help.

Thanks & Regards, Sheela Narayan

12 REPLIES 12

nathe
Cirrocumulus
Cirrocumulus

Two commands: "show /ltm node" this will detail all the nodes and their state. "list /ltm pool" this will detail all the pools and show the member state too. "list /ltm pool my_pool" this will be more specific to a pool e.g. my_pool in this case.

Hope this helps, N

nitass
F5 Employee
F5 Employee

there is field-fmt option which may be easier to grep.

field-fmt Show statistics in field format for the specified items

e.g.

root@(ve11a)(cfg-sync Changes Pending)(Active)(/Common)(tmos) show ltm pool all members field-fmt |grep "ltm\ pool\|active-member-cnt\|addr\|monitor-status" ltm pool foo { active-member-cnt 1 addr 200.200.200.101 monitor-status up ltm pool qux { active-member-cnt 0 addr 200.200.200.111 monitor-status unchecked

Another excellent follow up Nitass!

The command that nitass recommends is correct for interactive use. For up/down status, it won't be useful, but be aware of the 'raw' option - this'll give you the actual value of counters rather than one rounded to the nearest kilo/mega/giga. For doing this same thing in a tmsh script, you'll need to modify it to use 'tmsh::get_status' rather than 'show', and then drop 'field-fmt' as it is silently specified automatically. 'raw' however is not so it might still come in handy when working with statistics rather than states.

Hi mate, You can use list pool command to check pool and pool members. For your references I enhanced the output have a quick look. abcdfa@(esscdt1xwilb01b)(cfg-sync In Sync)(Active)(/Common)(tmos.ltm) list pool Display all 2269 items? (y/n) y ltm pool transportlayer-tss_s_2231{ members { 11.48.78.29:433 { address 11.48.78.29 session monitor-enabled state up } 11.48.78.30:433{ address 11.48.78.30 session monitor-enabled state up } 11.48.78.31:433 { address 11.48.78.31 session monitor-enabled state up } 11.48.78.32:433 { address 11.48.78.32 session monitor-enabled state up }

nitass_89166
Noctilucent
Noctilucent

there is field-fmt option which may be easier to grep.

field-fmt Show statistics in field format for the specified items

e.g.

root@(ve11a)(cfg-sync Changes Pending)(Active)(/Common)(tmos) show ltm pool all members field-fmt |grep "ltm\ pool\|active-member-cnt\|addr\|monitor-status" ltm pool foo { active-member-cnt 1 addr 200.200.200.101 monitor-status up ltm pool qux { active-member-cnt 0 addr 200.200.200.111 monitor-status unchecked

Another excellent follow up Nitass!

The command that nitass recommends is correct for interactive use. For up/down status, it won't be useful, but be aware of the 'raw' option - this'll give you the actual value of counters rather than one rounded to the nearest kilo/mega/giga. For doing this same thing in a tmsh script, you'll need to modify it to use 'tmsh::get_status' rather than 'show', and then drop 'field-fmt' as it is silently specified automatically. 'raw' however is not so it might still come in handy when working with statistics rather than states.

Hi mate, You can use list pool command to check pool and pool members. For your references I enhanced the output have a quick look. abcdfa@(esscdt1xwilb01b)(cfg-sync In Sync)(Active)(/Common)(tmos.ltm) list pool Display all 2269 items? (y/n) y ltm pool transportlayer-tss_s_2231{ members { 11.48.78.29:433 { address 11.48.78.29 session monitor-enabled state up } 11.48.78.30:433{ address 11.48.78.30 session monitor-enabled state up } 11.48.78.31:433 { address 11.48.78.31 session monitor-enabled state up } 11.48.78.32:433 { address 11.48.78.32 session monitor-enabled state up }

Sheela_Narayan_
Nimbostratus
Nimbostratus

Hi Nitass/Nathan,

Thanks for your reply it worked.

I have one more question here, is there any way I can configure and get autogenerated mail/alerts for every 2-3hrs once regarding the status of the nodes in the pool level via SCOM/microsoft orchestrator.

Please let me know the script/command for the same.

Thanks & REgards, Sheela Narayan

In the future when you're running v11.4, you should take a look at iCall, and in particular a periodic event handler set to run every 2-3 hours. It can fire off a tmsh script to audit the nodes and pools and is part of the config (as opposed to crontab). It doesn't have SCOM/MSorch integration, so you'd have to figure out a way to get the alerts there (I'm not familiar with either), but the BIG-IP eventing+scripting is a natural use for iCall. For now, a script run out of cron might be the best solution unless SCOM/etc has a way to poll BIG-IP.

nitass
F5 Employee
F5 Employee

is there any way I can configure and get autogenerated mail/alerts for every 2-3hrs once regarding the status of the nodes in the pool level via SCOM/microsoft orchestrator.

i know nothing about scom/orchestrator. anyway, if you want bigip to send email notification when pool member is down, it can be done using /config/user_alert.conf. there are number of threads here about it.

Custom SNMP Traps by Deb Allen

https://devcentral.f5.com/articles/custom-snmp-traps

sol3667: Configuring alerts to send email notifications

http://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/solutions/public/3000/600/sol3667.html