Forum Discussion

Ayush07
Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus
Jan 11, 2023

Redirect all URLS's from one domain to another domain with same subdomain

Hi All,

Looking for Irule to redirect all URLS from *.test.pmc.it.com to *.apps.dev2.co.it.com
where * can be anyting and only this * part will be same in both.

Thank you

4 Replies

Ayush07
      Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus

Hi Mohamed,

Thanks, Given irule i already have on many VIP's, which is for individual URL redirection, but in this i am looking for redirection from *.test.pmc.it.com to *.apps.dev2.co.it.com, where * can be anything.

how would i catch * prefix coming in  .test.pmc.it.com and then put that value into redirect *.apps.dev2.co.it.com ?

for examples redirect a.test.pmc.it.com, b.test.pmc.it.com, c.test.pmc.it.com....and so on to a.apps.dev2.co.it.com, b.apps.dev2.co.it.com, c.apps.dev2.co.it.com..and so on. with URI path as well.

• Hi Ayush07 , 
        Well, sorry for miss understanding. 
        I have simulated your scenario in my lab and I achieved it. 
        so look first at my lab environment and Check my script for your Environment : 
        > My lab iRule : 

and This is the iRule Result : 

where "shopping" is the Fixed part and I swapped the rest of host part , after that I redirected to new host.

> and now I have written this iRule to match your environment , in the same way I hope it works with you : 

when HTTP_REQUEST {
        if {[HTTP::host] contains "test.pmc.it.com"} {
        HTTP::host [string map {".test.pmc.it.com" ".apps.dev2.co.it.com"}[HTTP::host]]
        HTTP::redirect https://[HTTP::host]
        }
        }

Try it and keep me updated

GoodLuck