Forum Discussion

JustCooLpOOLe
Icon for Cirrocumulus rankCirrocumulus
Jul 28, 2020
Solved

Reactivate License of BIG-IP via BIG-IQ

I know with BIG-IQ you can upgrade software on a BIG-IP but a big piece to the upgrade path is ensuring that the Service Check Date is later than the release date of the software you want to upgrade to. Is there a way on BIG-IQ to reactivate a license on a BIG-IP?

This is for BIG-IQ managing on-premises physical BIG-IPs in an Active/Standby pair configuration.

• Received confirmation from F5 Support:

The Big-IQ cannot re-activate the license for a physical Big-IP. 

5 Replies

• Received confirmation from F5 Support:

The Big-IQ cannot re-activate the license for a physical Big-IP. 

• Hi,

Yes you can, look this link : https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K77706009#refresh

Note: Refreshing the BIG-IP license from the BIG-IQ system is also referred to as reactivating a BIG-IP license

After reactivating the base registration key from the License server, you need to pass the updated license information to the BIG-IP system to ensure it contains a recent service check date.

Regards

JustCooLpOOLe
      Icon for Cirrocumulus rankCirrocumulus

Unfortunately this says it only applies to "remote BIG-IP VE device licenses". I was looking into the on-premises BIG-IPs that we have and would like to streamline the process via BIG-IQ for those upgrades.

Lidev
        Icon for MVP rankMVP

My bad, I read the KB too fast, I don't think that's possible with on-premises BIG-IPs .