Hello,

I use VE and this is my structure:
F5:
mgmt: 10.20.54.1/24 
vlan_ip:10.20.10.1/24

Real Server:
IP: 10.20.54.2/24

I found that the interface to the monitoring server is mgmt port
But isn't it supposed to be monitored by the Vlan_ip interface?

How do I go about changing it without changing the structure?

Any help is appreciated.

• Hello,

There are two different routing table son the F5, one for the TMM interface which the self IPs used, and another one for the management one.

in the default cases with respect to the default routes, the tmm take presedence over the management default route, but in your case, the back end server IP is "10.20.54.2/24" which is located in the same subnet of the management.

i think you can make a specific route for this IP/32 and add the gateway of your self IP and check.

*network > route > Add  (10.20.54.2/32)

In general, you should start considering changing the management IP to a management subnet only, or change the backend server IP.

BR,

3 Replies

• Hello,

There are two different routing table son the F5, one for the TMM interface which the self IPs used, and another one for the management one.

in the default cases with respect to the default routes, the tmm take presedence over the management default route, but in your case, the back end server IP is "10.20.54.2/24" which is located in the same subnet of the management.

i think you can make a specific route for this IP/32 and add the gateway of your self IP and check.

*network > route > Add  (10.20.54.2/32)

In general, you should start considering changing the management IP to a management subnet only, or change the backend server IP.

BR,

Michaelyang
      Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus

Hi  Mohamed_Salah,

Thanks for your reply.

I make a specific route for this IP/32 and add the gateway of my self IP and check.
      Successfully solved the problem !

I would like to ask F5 if there is a relevant document to explain this situation.
      Any help is appreciated.