Forum Discussion

MAbbas
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
Apr 29, 2021
Solved

management interface failover

hi -

my HA pair (11.6) failed over because the lost connection on management interface

010c007e:5: Not receiving status updates from peer device /Common/<devicename> (5.5.5.5) (Disconnected).

how can i disable f5 s to failover - if management interface has problems

• i looked around in KB articles and got the answers to all 3 question - so all good

5 Replies

• ​Hi  , Normally failover configuration is present under Devices --> Failover Network where the IP addresses for failover are configured. But it is recommended to have the MGMT IP address and a TMM Network Address under failover configuration. You can refer below document.

https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K14135

Hope it helps!

Mayur

• thanks for the response - i do have a failover network - which did not have any issue - i could not see and interface going down in logs - - management interface is not in network

so question is - is the management interface there by default - as i dont have it in failover

network failover check box is - checked

• Hi, F5 uses only ip addresses configured under failover config for exchanging the heart beats & checking the health of the peer device.

MAbbas

thanks for the reply

the problem i am facing that - heartbeats are dropping and both devices are constantly becoming active - i dont see any issue on the hypervisor side (network interface).

question -

1 - how many heartbeats need to fail for the device to become active ?

2 - can i tweak those settings ?

3 - if i add a third network - would both of them have to fail for device to become active ?

thanks

MAbbas

i looked around in KB articles and got the answers to all 3 question - so all good