Forum Discussion

siru_129409
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
May 17, 2015

Load balancing of Rightfax

Hi I want to load balance RightFax Application via F5 LTM. which is using a range of ports.. currently i created a Virtual sever with service port any and assigned a pool to the VS. the pool is also configured with service port all. But this is not working. can any one help me on this issue...

4 Replies

• I'm mostly active in the code share nowaways but since this one is old as the pyramids I might as well help to avoid forum post mummification. :)

To run multiple ports through the same server you just create a pool and use whatever port you want to monitor the services on. Then, in the virtual server you assign either * as port or use a port list. Additionally, you need to disable port translation. Otherwise the F5 will translate whatever incoming port you have to the one of the chosen pool member.

Depending on if you need the L7 features or not you might want to have two different VIPs running. One for UDP and one for TCP.

Hope that was helpful.

/Patrik

• Could you please paste your ltm config here? Then it'll be much easier to help you.

/Patrik

• What was the resolution? I need to configure load balancing for Rightfax as well for SIP UDP 5060 and port 80 HTTP, as well as GTM.