Forum Discussion

pcort
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Oct 05, 2020

icontrol calls not 'applying' changes

I'm using the F5 plugin through udeploy to manage nodes in the f5 during deployment. F5 version is v15.1.0.4, and the iControl version is 13.1.0. The consistent issue is when a command is issued to the F5 (enabling or disabling a node), it will successfully make the call, but when performing a validation command, checking the status of the node in the F5, it doesn't reflect the change. Now, the weird part is if I inject a sleep between the mark up / down call and the validation call, and go to the F5 UI, and view the node, it correctly reflects the action I'm trying to take, and when the validation call is performed it is successful. 

The behavior feels like the action is being staged against the F5, but not applied, or the configuration isn't refreshed. This has worked previously with an earlier version of the F5. Not sure what the last working version of the F5 was, probably 13.

2 Replies

pcort
    Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

Back with some new findings! It appears that this is only an issue with nodes that are FQDN nodes with dynamically created ephemeral nodes in the pools. (Apologies for butchering the terminology :)! ).

We have a mixed mode of nodes in a different environment that were created with a name and IP, and the FQDN. Name/IP nodes are working as expected, but the FQDN nodes are failing to be enabled or disabled. Version on this f5 is 15.1.0.5