cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read "chassis_power_supply_status_stat"?

JG
Cumulonimbus
Cumulonimbus

How do I interprete the following stats from the following two different devices?

Device 1:

eud_info 12.2.0.1.0 chassis_power_supply_status_stat ================================ name index status input_status output_status fan_status ---- ----- ------ ------------ ------------- ---------- pwr1 1 1 1 1 2 pwr2 2 1 1 1 2

Device 2:

eud_info 12.12.0.4.0 chassis_power_supply_status_stat ================================ name index status input_status output_status fan_status current_status ---- ----- ------ ------------ ------------- ---------- -------------- pwr1 1 1 2 1 1 0 pwr2 2 1 2 1 1 0

I suspect one device might have a problem.

3 REPLIES 3

gbbaus_104974
Historic F5 Account

I do note that you have used two different versions of the EUD tool , ie v12.2.0.1.0 and v12.12.0.4.0

There are differences between the versions

http://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/products/big-ip_ltm/releasenotes/related/relnotes_eud.html

Maybe run the tests again with the same version on both

JG
Cumulonimbus
Cumulonimbus

That is an awful lot of stuff to read.

I doubt that existing values of "fan_status" would change across releases, though. But it is possible that the devices might have different numbers of fans...

gbbaus_104974
Historic F5 Account

Hi

To me the matrix is showing PWR on the different components. There is an extra column in the later EUD output.(current_status)

As for the fans: chassis_power_supply_status_stat | fan_status = 2

Maybe check with support if this is a 'STATUS code' vs a ' of FANS'