Forum Discussion

May 06, 2021

How to configure your node server web app to be use/show on the client side??

Can anyone help me on to do it? Please I'm new on using F5 BIG-IP. Thank you in advance :)

Question:

1. How to configure my node server w/ web app locally created (Ex. File Folder w/ index.html) to be used on my F5 BIG-IP and show it specifically.
  2. Is there any video on how to configure it?

Regards,

Renato

5 Replies

• Hi  

Thank you sir 😊 . For example i wanted to specifically show this page/webapp located at directory(C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Test Page) on my server1 when the client tried to access the given VS IP. Because in all tutorial they didn't show how to configure it.0691T00000Co04uQAB.pngRegards,

Renato

• Hi Renato - welcome to the world of F5! :)

Can you explain your request in a bit more detail? Are you talking about hosting a web app on the F5, or through the F5, and can you share any other details about the node server? Or are you talking about a redirect to a certain location? Any other details you can give that explains the situation a bit more will help.

• Aahh, ok, makes sense now. ;)

In order to do that, you first need to get a web server up and running on that Windows system, before you start putting it behind an F5 virtual server. Once the Windows server can show the website in a browser, will it be time to introduce the F5 VS.

Once you have a webserver running, have a look here: https://clouddocs.f5.com/training/community/adc/html/class1/class1.html - this is a basic lab for getting a load-balanced application to work through the F5. In the exercises they are talking about a different lab provider, but if you already have your systems setup, you can use your own.

Hope this helps.

Ren_Alcala
      Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus

Hi  ,

Thank you again for the reply sir, I really appreciate it 🙂 .. I'm a little confuse sir what do mean by web server up? did you mean my web application to run on my web server? I can actually run my webapp through web browser as shown on my screenshots below. Can you please provide an example much better a video sir so i can understand it much better 🙂 sorry i'm not good on programming that why i am having trouble on how to integrate my simple webpage/app. Or much better sir if it's ok with you if we can have a quick call session via teams/zoom/webex i will really appreciated it sir 🙂

0691T00000Co2qqQAB.pngThank you and God Bless!

Renato

Ren_Alcala
      Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus

Hi  ,

I already did what u have told me by running window server on my both nodes and now i can use my ip as the url to show my webpage, i just encountered a problem where my node status on my f5 is in "unknow" availability and not able to access my web app using my VS IP. I also tried to ping both my nodes vice versa and its pingable. Thanks you sir 🙂 0691T00000Co2tpQAB.png0691T00000Co2tkQAB.pngRegards,

Renato