Forum Discussion

Lawrence_Fletch
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Feb 28, 2020

F5 not seeing DC or server in the pool

On the F5 the pool members are not showing online. the F5 is 135.x and the pool members are 130.x. Very locked down network so I need to know what ports need to be open. Also getting the error "cannot contact any KDC for realm (Domain Name)

3 Replies

• There is a lot of unknown in your question.

• what network mask are they using
    • is there a router between them
    • do you have a route defined on your F5 and on your DC to route the traffic towards each other (via a default route or a dedicated route)

If there is no router between your F5 and your DC, then unless both, your F5 and your DC's are using the same CIDR mask 21 (255.255.248.0), they won't see each other.

Lawrence_Fletch
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
      There is a lot of unknown in your question. - what network mask are they using 255.255.255.0 - is there a router between them yes - do you have a route defined on your F5 and on your DC to route the traffic towards each other (via a default route or a dedicated route) I haven’t set up one. I need help with that. If there is no router between your F5 and your DC, then unless both, your F5 and your DC's are using the same CIDR mask 21 (255.255.248.0), they won't see each other. Thanks, Lawrence Fletcher, ITIL Systems Engineer, LinTech Global (contractor) Information Services Directorate, Office of the Inspector General Lawrence.Fletcher.ctr@dodig.mil (703) 601-5378 (Office) (703) 604-9865 (Help Desk Main Number) helpdesk@dodig.mil Self-Service Web Portal: https://helpdesk.dodig.mil "The mystery of human existence lies not in just staying alive, but in finding something to live for." Fyodor Dostoevsky
        Juraj
        Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus

If you ping your DC from F5 shell? Just want to see if they can see each other via their respective default routes. You might try traceroute as well, to see where your traffic is being routed or dropped.