Forum Discussion

Jose_Cruz
Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus
Feb 29, 2020

F5 LTM Production to DR config sync

Does anyone know how to configure F5 to Sync config from a Production F5 cluster to DR F5 cluster?

The issue is i have to keep up with changes on Prod and manually replicate them on DR. Its not a big deal when its 1 or 2 VS's but when i have to create 30 its a PAIN.

The only difference between the clusters is the MGMT IP and the device name everything else is the same.

3 Replies

• Do you mean even the network related config ( vlan, self ip etc) are same ?

Is there any live traffic going through in DR as well ? Can you make them in same sync group ?

If not, I would rely on CLI to do the configurations when you have to do in bulk..

https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K81271448 if this helps.

Once you are done with the configuration on DC, just copy from CLI and paste it in the CLI of DR F5.

Jose_Cruz
      Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus

Correct, everything is the same except like i said the MGMT IP and device name.

There is no traffic, traffic will hit the DR F5's only in the event of a disaster or during DR drill.

• Then the best way to move over the configuration would be load the SCF from time to time. Or you can do the configuration from CLI as per the earlier link I have shared.