Forum Discussion

Nothingtoknow
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jan 10, 2022

F5 BIG-IP LTM/DNS Regular ping loss from cisco

Hi,I have a problem,but I don’t know if it’s a mechanism problem。

Ping from CISCO L3SW to BIGIP LTM/DNS have Regular ping loss(Lose 1 of 42 in a row)(the same frequency within a time,similar to Lose 1 of 37 in a row ,other effects are not displayed),like this:

Type escape sequence to abort.
Sending 500,.100-byte ICMP Echos to 1.1.1.2, timeout is 2 seconds:
Packet sent with a source address of 1.1.1.1
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Success rate is 97 percent (487/500), round-trip min/avg/max = 1/5/30 ms

Sending 500,.100-byte ICMP Echos to 1.1.1.3, timeout is 2 seconds:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sending 500,.100-byte ICMP Echos to 1.1.1.4, timeout is 2 seconds:

I also connect my computer to the network,test is ok,Success rate is 100 percent。

Sending 500,.100-byte ICMP Echos to 1.1.1.5, timeout is 2 seconds:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My topology:

2 Replies

• For traffic drop problem, you can take a packet capture concurrently on both Cisco and the BIG-IP.

From BIG-IP, you can use:

$ tcpdump -vvv -ni 0.0:nnnp -s0 host <Cisco_IP_Address> -w /var/tmp/F5_traffic_drop.pcap

From Cisco, you will need to create an access-list with the IP address you want to capture and type a couple of commands as described here: https://activereach.net/support/knowledge-base/connectivity-networking/capturing-packets-with-cisco-ios/

You can then open your capture on Wireshark. It should be enough to isolate the problem further, i.e. you will definitely see if F5 is replying to all ICMP requests, etc.

For more info about tcpdump, please refer to https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K13637

• Thank you for your reply.

I will try it according to the method you provided.

At the same time, I have opened a case to the manufacturer, I hope these can help him judge

Anyway, thank you very much​😃