Forum Discussion

Jesus_Gutierrez
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Mar 31, 2005

Defining iRules for WAP Portal

Hi I´m new in this. My work its like System Integrator, I´m reciving from U.S.A. the SPECS of the project, But 5 days ago The responsible of the project go out of the company.

So He left me the irules for our BiG-IP 1000s so maybe you can explain one pools how its works and I can understand the others.

PoolVIP / PortServer IP / Port

Pool 1Web VIP / 8582Web Server 1 IP 1 / 7001

Web Server 2 IP 1 / 7001

Web Server 3 IP 1 / 7001

Web Server 4 IP 1 / 7001

Web Server 1 IP 2 / 7001

Web Server 2 IP 2 / 7001

Web Server 3 IP 2 / 7001

Web Server 4 IP 2 / 7001

Supossing that each server have two IPs (HA) and the port 7001 its that we setup in Weblogic

So Maybe Can you explain the concepts or give a diagram to undertand better this matter?

Regards Jesus

3 Replies

• Similar in that I´d like to undertand conceptually the Routes tables that Channel will setup in the BiGIP 1000s

I´m posting Data Network Routes:

Port Type Source Destination Funtion

9582HTTPWAP GatewayWeb Cluster VIPPortal Terminal Int.

8582HTTPWAP GatewayWeb Cluster VIPPortal Terminal Int.

8582HTTPWAP GatewayApplication Cluster VIP PCSS Terminal I.

Because in my personal undertanding and my client asking me about destination port and source port.

So in first case Could you explain me that?

Jesus

• Jesus,

First of all, I moved your post out of the iControl forum (remote management interfaces) into the iRules forum which it seems is what you are alluding to in your post.

As for your questions. You are going to have to be a bit more explicit in what you are asking for us to be able to give you any help. DevCentral is a site to help with building iControl applications as well as helping out with building iRules for real-time control of your traffic.

I don't really see a question in your posts relating to either of these topics. If you have a product related question outside of iControl and iRules (how does the product work, how do I configure it to do something, etc) then you really should be going through F5 Product Support. They can be reached through http://www.f5.com/support/ Click here.

If you have a specific iControl or iRules question, please post it and we'll see what we can do to help you out.

-Joe