Forum Discussion

wastanley2nd_38
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Apr 09, 2019

BIG-IP INOPERATIVE

Hi - I'm setting up a new big-ip in a virtual environment for lab purposes. While licensing, my browser briefly lost contact with the big-ip, but after regaining connectivity I had thought all was OK. After going thru the whole setup wizard, the box is unreachable other than via management interface. When I log in via the CLI, after authenticating I'm dropped off at a prompt which includes INOPERATIVE as part of the prompt. On the GUI, the interfaces are in a UNINITIALIZED state. Could someone point me in the right direction on how to (hopefully) get this get up and running ? It was to be my 2nd box, as I'm in the process of setting up an HA pair.

4 Replies

Hamish
    Icon for Cirrocumulus rankCirrocumulus

Look in the logs... They're in /var...

ltm tmm

etc...

We'd be able to help more if you provided the relevant info of what's gone wrong... what's not starting... what do the various daemons log... Is there a config load error, etc

Hamish
    Icon for Cirrocumulus rankCirrocumulus

It could also be that you logged in BEFORE the config had finished loading and there is no error...

The prompt isn't dynamic...

• Big-IP is a product suite related to accelerated data delivery, created by company F5. This is everything from basic application delivery (think web acceleration and load balancing) to data distribution across SANs to assist in migrations and consolidations walgreenslistens.