Forum Discussion

MMarco_77
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
Apr 17, 2023
Solved

APM start two session for Office App

Hi,
after integrating F5 with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) for Sharepoint authentication, I noticed that all content is opened correctly; Word, Wxcel, Powerpoint files are opened correctly in online mode, but the only thing that cannot be made to work is to open a file with the relative application.

What I notice is that two separate sessions are started:

it is as if the MRHSession cookie was not considered as the GET call is not performed by the Client/Vs/Pool, but directly by the application.
In fact, from the log I notice that the name of the app is inserted in the header:

I tried to insert the clientless mode inside an iRule, but the result doesn't change.

Some idea?

Thanks

/MM

6 Replies

MMarco_77

Hi Jurgen,
      do you mean this persistence? in fact it is not selected.
      I don't know if it can be decisive, because the call made from excel comes without cookies (after all, it's not a browser that makes the call) and therefore it is recognized as a new session and not a subsession of the one made via browser .

It is true that reading the K15387( https://my.f5.com/manage/s/article/K15387)  indicates that

For some deployments of the BIG-IP APM system, as with Microsoft SharePoint, cookie persistence may be required

 I do a test...
      Thanks for now

/MM

MMarco_77

Hi Jurgen,

as I thought, it doesn't work.

The call is made from application excel/word/ppt and not from the browser (from log I see that create a header), therefore it appears without MRH cookies and is recognized as a new session:

 Many thanks

/MM