Forum Discussion

basu20_237310
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Dec 06, 2015

Virtual edition unable to deploy on vmware workstation

Team,

Please help ,, I am trying to deploy Virtual edition of BIG-IP (BIGIP-11.6.0.0.0.401.ALL-scsi.ova) on VMware workstation pro12. When I try to import the .ova file it just sits on the import screen forever. not sure how long the actual import takes but after few hours like 10-12hrs my C drive disk space will go low from 175GB free. I tried different 11.4 ova file with VMworkstation 11. still the same problem. Please help me to get the labsetup running ..

-Bhaskar

4 Replies

• I am having the same issue. I have Workstation 14 Pro I downloaded a fresh copy I uninstalled & reinstalled WS and still nothing. Previously I had an OVF failed issue due to failing the OVF test (resource not found)

Vik_K_236702
    Historic F5 Account

And let us know here if that doesn't resolve it .

Alternatively Download a fresh copy of the OVA image and try too. Not sure if your file was downloaded properly last time. However even if it is not, it should not be hung for hours. So I dont see that issue here.

Vik_K_236702
    Historic F5 Account

Hi Bhaskar

The image you have selected is correct. And all you need to do is just import the file. into a location with over 4 - 5 GB space and it should be good enough. Not sure what your issue is here exactly. I am using VMWare workstation 12 and few of my friends are on 10 and 11. No issues whatsoever.

Try to uninstall the workstation and reinstall after clearing the registry and then try importing again.

Regards, Vik