Forum Discussion

mike_89584
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jun 13, 2016
Solved

iRule help

Hi I have two separate irules - one to restrict access to certain IPs and one to force basic authentication, and I now find that I need to combine the two, that is allow certain IPs to a VIP (or folder structure) with no requirement for the authentication, but for all other requests, the Authentication needs to be in place

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Basic Authentication:

when HTTP_REQUEST { binary scan [md5 [HTTP::password]] H* password

if { [class lookup "[HTTP::username]" local_user_dgroup] equals $password } {
    log local0. "User [HTTP::username] has been authorized to access virtual server [virtual name]"
} else {
    log local0. "User [HTTP::username] has been denied access to virtual server [virtual name]"
    HTTP::respond 401 WWW-Authenticate "Basic realm=\"Secured Area\""
}

}

IP Restriction:

when HTTP_REQUEST { if { [IP::client_addr] eq "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" } { pool Pool_my_pool.com

} else { drop } }
  • Hi,

haven't understand quite well your requirement. Here the new try :

when HTTP_REQUEST { 
        if { [IP::client_addr] eq "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" } {
            pool Pool_my_pool.com
        } else {
            binary scan [md5 [HTTP::password]] H* password
                log local0. "User [HTTP::username] has been authorized to access virtual server [virtual name]" 
            } else {
                log local0. "User [HTTP::username] has been denied access to virtual server [virtual name]"
            }   
        }
    }

8 Replies

• Hi,

Try this way :

when HTTP_REQUEST { 
                pool Pool_my_pool.com
            } else {
            }   
        } else { 
            drop 
        } 
    }

mike_89584
      Hi Yann Thanks for your idea - that is not quite what I'm after... What I am trying to do is restrict the VIP by the basic authentication to all traffic, EXCEPT from traffic from particular IPs which would bypass the authentication entirely and be directed to the pool of my choice without the need to authenticate. I am not looking to drop requests Many thanks
  • Hi,

Try this way :

when HTTP_REQUEST { 
                pool Pool_my_pool.com
            } else {
            }   
        } else { 
            drop 
        } 
    }

mike_89584
      Hi Yann Thanks for your idea - that is not quite what I'm after... What I am trying to do is restrict the VIP by the basic authentication to all traffic, EXCEPT from traffic from particular IPs which would bypass the authentication entirely and be directed to the pool of my choice without the need to authenticate. I am not looking to drop requests Many thanks
  • Hi,

when HTTP_REQUEST { 
            pool Pool_my_pool.com
        } else {
            } else {
            }   
        }
    }

• Hi,

when HTTP_REQUEST { 
            pool Pool_my_pool.com
        } else {
            } else {
            }   
        }
    }