Forum Discussion

qweranibus
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jul 01, 2024

I cannot activate the license on BIG-IP-NEXT

Hello everyone, I have a BIG-IP Central Manager virtual server on Vmware and set up a BIG-IP Instance . My system does not connect directly via the internet but points through a Proxy. When I activate the license with New Token according to the instructions https://clouddocs.f5.com/bigip-next/latest/use_cm/cm_license_bigip_next.html, then The following message appears: Licensing-0013: Unable to get F5 signed certificates post "https://product.apis.f5.com/ee/v1/certigicates" dial tcp: lookup product api.f5.com on 100.75. 0.10:53 server misbehaving.
Please can anyone tell me the cause and how to fix it. Thank you very much. JRahm 

4 Replies

• Hi qweranibus,

CM is not yet supporting outbound proxy (but is planned near-term), therefore you would need to use the "disconnected" mode as explained in the link you mentioned to activate your trial license.

Marcus 🙃

• Marcus-f5Thanks for answering my question. I also tried activating the license using "Disconected mode" with Postman according to the guide, but at the step "Upload Bulk report to license server" the result "Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND product.apis.f5.com" appears. Hope you can answer me more.

Marcus-f5
      Icon for Employee rankEmployee

the variable ts_api_url should resolve to product.apis.f5.com. Can your postman reach the web?
      You could exchange the variable with this url in the request URI. This error seems to indicate your postman cannot reach our product.apis.f5.com

qweranibus
        Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

Marcus-f5I replaced variable ts_api_url with product.apis.f5.com as well as your IP address 10.75.0.10, then the result appears: "Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 10.75.0.10:443". It seems that the reason is because Postman in my system cannot connect to the Internet or point through the proxy. So I probably cannot activate the license in my system. Thank you very much.