Forum Discussion

MJ_1024
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Aug 16, 2023
Solved

F5OS Tenants TMOS are multiple blades required

Hi Everyone,

While reviewing the VELOS F5OS information (specifically looking at 1.5), I notice that any Tenant other than 'T1-F5OS' states that it requires minimum of 2 slots.

"Requires 2 slots"

I hope I am misunderstanding but this sounds like a VELOS with only 1 blade (one slot currently) would be stuck only running T1 tenants, which are far to small for any easy migration (from legacy VIPRION / BIG-IP vCMP guests).

Maybe slots is suppose to mean vCPU?

https://techdocs.f5.com/en-us/velos-1-5-0/velos-systems-administration-configuration/title-tenant-management.html#tenant-resource-allocation

Curious if anyone knows the answer / has tried to deploy larger Tenants than T1 on a single VELOS Blade.

• No just one blade is needed but if you provision more than one F5 module, you will need much more than 2 CPU.

2 Replies

• As an Update a closer look further down in that document seems to indicate this '2 slots' may be refering to vCPU as I suspected. The table "Tenant sizing" lists T1 as minimum 1 vCPU and T2,ALL,T4 with 2 vCPU and Max instance per blade matching the expectation that both vCPU are on the same blade.

In other words the:
    1vCPU w/ 22 max per blade
    2vCPU w/ 11 max per blade
    Makes me strongly think that there should be no requirement to have '2 blades'.

• No just one blade is needed but if you provision more than one F5 module, you will need much more than 2 CPU.