Forum Discussion

apm_user_138559
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
May 29, 2017

DTLS support for Citrix Receiver 4.7? (Adaptive Transport, EDT)

Will there be DTLS support for Citrix new "Adaptive Transport" or "Enlightened Data Transport (EDT)" which is based on UDP in APM? This is a new feature since version 4.7 of Citrix Receiver, and version 7.13 of XenDesktop/XenApp.

I would definitely want it to be supported asap...

6 Replies

• Hi there, yes same here, I have numerous customers needing this DTLS support.

Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

T

Dmitriy_Sysoev

Hello! Any update of this question? I'm need to this feature!

• Hi there,

Unfortunately not really. F5's response was that they supported XenApp/XenDesktop 7.13-15 but had no references to these adaptive protocols which is frustrating.

T

Dmitriy_Sysoev

Thank you!

This is answer from F5 Support:

Speaking about the functionality from Citrix terminology perspective, the end Customer wants the below as I understood (please correct me if I`m wrong):

How to Configure HDX Enlightened Data Transport Protocol https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX220732

"EDT runs on UDP ports 1494 and 2598" <=== (the UDP ports the end Customer mentioned to you)

If that

s true => unfortunately, currently we _don
      t_ support this feature. We have so-called a request for enhancement:

Bug alias 652841 [RFE] [Citrix] Add support for EDT (Enlightened Data Transport) protocol

• hello i have the same request from my customers. Is still unsupported? or Big-ip support this feature now somehow?

• I know it is an old topic, but i have implement a big ip to secure and proxyfy our citric traffic, and a realize, since, traffic is always failling back in TCP and not UDP anymore ...  (https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-gateway-service/hdx-edt-support-for-gateway-service.html).

so it is now support and i did a wrong configuration by using Iapps for citrix?