Forum Discussion

OliverZ
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jul 14, 2023

Cant ping default gateway vmware from internal ip f5

Hello experts,

I am newbie on this field, sorry if i lack of knowledge at some point.

So im setting up my lab with PC, F5 Big IP on esxi, and 1 node DNS server on vmware workstation. Here is my configuration:

F5 Big IP with mgmt-ip: 192.168.15.x, external-ip: 192.168.88.x, internal-ip: 192.168.93.2xx

Node 1 DNS server on vm: 192.168.93.1xx

And i can not ping from the internal-ip to DNS server, also the external-ip. So what am i wrong at? and please help me.

3 Replies

• OliverZ What are you using to allow communication from the Internal interface of the F5 to the DNS Server interface? In my virtual lab I use a virtual switch for this so please ensure that you have something similar that will allow this communication.

OliverZ
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

Thanks for help, i am following on some configuration on Youtube. They set up the internal-ip with the same range ip with the DNS server and they can set it up like a node sucessfully. But for me it doesnt work.

I search for ping NAT gateway on vmware and they said it could not be ping by anyway.

Thanks for the sollution, i'll try it right now.

Leslie_Hubertus
        Ret. Employee

Did the advice from Paulius work? If yes, please click Accept as Solution on his post so other users can easily find help in future searches (and he gets credit). 🙂