Forum Discussion

Nick_Weber_2564
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jul 29, 2016

APM with for VMWare View with RSA auth.

So I'm trying to setup APM with VMWare View and RSA. I created SecureID View Client Logon and the user enters their email address and RSA key. Next I have the RS SecureID Auth configured but it looks like it's only passing the user name and not dot the full UPN, stripping off the domain name. RSA rejects the user since it does not have the full email address.

Thanks

10 Replies

boneyard
      Icon for MVP rankMVP

that does sounds like a misclassification on the RSA side indeed.

Paul_Woothipoom
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

Yes it seems to pass both the username and domain now which is great thanks , i'm now looking at what I think could be an RSA issue as it still fails to authenticate , but maybe it is still an F5 issue :

" XXX attempted to authenticate using authenticator “SecurID_Native”. The user belongs to security domain “SystemDomain"

I'm going to look through the config for an authenticator variable

boneyard
      Icon for MVP rankMVP

great you found it, the question now is, does it help you?

• when you built this before a normal webtop does it work then? you are sure your RSA server requires the user@domain.ext variant?

if you get the part before @ and not after you can just add that before it is send to the RSA auth. see the variable assign element and some examples:

https://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/products/big-ip_apm/manuals/product/apm_config_10_1_0/apm_config_advanced_policies.html

• I followed the "Deploying F5 with VMware View and Horizon View" guide when setting this up.