Forum Discussion

sandiksk_35282
Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus
Oct 20, 2015
Solved

Active Standby servers in a pool

I have 2 Servers A and B . All my client connections need to go to server A .When Server A goes down the connections need to go server B. When Server A is back online all client connections need to connect to Server A.

How can I acheivie this ,will just enabling the priority work .Please assist me with this setup

• You can achieve this by using priority group.

Local Traffic  ››  Pools : Pool List  ››  pool_name

Priority Group Activation   Less than  1  Available Member(s)

for server A you need to use higher priority

5 Replies

• You can achieve this by using priority group.

Local Traffic  ››  Pools : Pool List  ››  pool_name

Priority Group Activation   Less than  1  Available Member(s)

for server A you need to use higher priority

• Hi Mate,

You can configure priority in the pools for the specefic nodes which will ineffect and Active/Stand by state.

Navigate to Local Traffic ›› Pools ›› Pool List and click on the specefic pool name. Go to members and click on each member name.

in the configuration section configure the Priority group 10 for active and continue with another node with priority 5 for passive.

Now you can see all the traffic is sending to node 1 and once node 1 goes down traffic will send to node 2.

Hope this helps.

-Jinshu

• Thanks for your response ,but wondering if my node1 is back online ,will it start taking all the connections. I am not using any persistence

• Yes - once the higher priority group meets the 'minimum active members' threshold it will take all new connection requests (since you noted no persistence). However note that any ACTIVE connections that are on Node2 when Node1 comes back online will remain on Node2.

• Does Round Robin {LB Method} works with Active (high priority), Passive Priority settings?