Forum Discussion

gdoyle
Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus
Jan 02, 2020

Where is this routing to?

Hey, all. I'm trying to trace out the route on one of my networks and it is hitting a Big IP that is configured quite differently than any of the other Big IPs I use. Typically when something gets routed through my Big IP I take the self IP, navigate to the correct partition, review the routing table, and take whatever route is listed... Easy.

On this Big IP under the Self IP section I see (IPs changed, but all other information is the same) (I left out the "application" field as it is empty):

Name      IP Address    Netmask            VLAN / Tunnel    Traffic Group              Partition / Path
10.1.1.1  10.1.1.1      255.255.255.0      prod100          traffic-group-local-only   Common

I then go to the Routes section and look under the "Common" partition and see ("netmask" field removed as it was empty):

Name                   Destination     Route Domain    Resource Type     Resource       Partition / Path
default_prod_200       Default IPv4    3               Gateway           10.15.1.1%3    Common
default_trans_202_203  Default IPv4    1               Gateway           10.15.2.1%1    Common
default_trans_204_205  Default IPv4    1               Gateway           10.15.3.1%2    Common

Which route is this going to be taking? How can I confirm? Are there any CLI commands that would make determining the route easier than my current method of navigating the multiple screens of the GUI?

Thanks.

1 Reply

• From your screenshots it seems there are 4 route domains: 0 (Common), 1, 2 and 3.

On the CLI you can use the commands:

# rdexec 0 ip r

# rdexec 1 ip r

# rdexec 2 ip r

# rdexec 3 ip r

This will show the route table for route domain 0, 1, 2 and 3.