Forum Discussion

MrRichard
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Nov 16, 2017

Virtual Server not recognised by F5 - 11.6.0 HF5

Hi,

We're running 11.6.0 HF5 on a VCMP guest. This is a bit of a weird one, so it's just a quick ask to see if anyone has experienced anything like this. I've added a virtual server and the F5 does not seem to recognise it in terms of ARP. (The VS shows as green on the web gui though).

We have an F5 sitting in the layer above it which marks the server as down using a tcp monitor to port 80. When I packet capture on the F5 containing the new VS, it shows it as ARPing for the address of the new VS (Please see 'non-working' capture screenshot which shows a tcp check coming in on port 80, but no response because the F5 cannot find the ARP entry) The message in the capture shows 'No peer connection information' (I have super imposed this detail onto the bottom right corner of the image).

I've never seen this before. Other VS's we create on the same network are fine - so not a network issue.

Has anyone seen this before? I'd rather not reboot to resolve this if possible. Also we are not able to upgrade for a few weeks yet, so can't resolve it that way.

Is this just one of those odd bugs perhaps that will go away on reboot/upgrade?

2 Replies

• In addition to this, we have deleted this VS and re-created it - same issue.

• Had the same issue with 11.5.1, issue was with the layer 2 forwarding on the vMCP host, not the guests, was not working for some IPs but fine for others.

We failed over the affected vCMP guests and rebooted which fixed the problem, then upgraded the hosts to 12.x.