Forum Discussion

kgaigl_191639
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Dec 28, 2017
Solved

Update i4800 to 13.1.0.1 Problems?

Hi,

I've tried to update one of our i4800 from 13.0 HF2 to the actual 13.1.0.1 (2 BIG-IP 2200 and some VE's made no problem), but I couldn't get the i4800 to work (after re-activating the license).

Sorry that I can't provide a Snapshot, but I had to go back quickly, and that made big problems too.

I got some messages about AOM (we don't use).

My question: are there any known problems with this hardware and this version?

Thanks

Karl

6 Replies

kgaigl
    Icon for Cirrocumulus rankCirrocumulus

Today I've tried it again:

first I upgraded the backup-device, it worked !?

then the primary: after 25 minutes, the Browser-Connection was lost, with the CLI said:

[root@localhost:FW Update Do Not Interrupt - Checking LCD:] config 

after a while:

[root@localhost:FW Update Do Not Interrupt - Checking LCD:] config  2018 Jan 11                                                              09:15:44 ldb-ara27-rz-00 load_config_files: "/usr/bin/tmsh -n -g load sys confi                                                             g partitions all " - failed. -- Loading schema version: 13.0.0 Loading schema ve                                                             rsion: 13.1.0.1 01070151:3: Rule [/Common/MI-HEADER] error: /Common/MI-HEADER:44                                                             : error: [ltm_rule_L7 feature not licensed][HTTP::header insert X-Forwarded-For                                                              [IP::client_addr]] /Common/MI-HEADER:41: error: [ltm_rule_L7 feature not license                                                             d][HTTP::header replace X-MobileIron-Device-IP-Port "[IP::client_addr]:[TCP::cli                                                             ent_port]"] /Common/MI-HEADER:38: error: [ltm_rule_L7 feature not licensed][HTTP                                                             ::header replace X-MobileIron-Client-Cert-PEM "[lindex $values 1]"] /Common/MI-H                                                             EADER:35: error: [ltm_rule_L7 feature not licensed][HTTP::header replace X-Mobil                                                             eIron-Cert-FingerPrint-MD5 [lindex $values 0]] /Common/MI-HEADER:19: error: [ltm                                                             _rule_L7 feature not licensed][when HTTP_REQUEST {    if no client cert was pro                                                             vided:   if { [SSL::cert count] < 1 } {      log local0. "HTTP_REQUEST : cert c                                                             ount=[SSL::cert count]"     SSL::authenticate once     SSL::authenticate depth 9                                                                  SSL::cert mode request     SSL::renegotiate    if client cert was provided                                                             :   } else {      set variable &8220;values&8221; with the list of 2 stored                                                               Unexpected Error: Loading configuration process failed.

[root@localhost:FW Update Do Not Interrupt - Checking LCD:] config

now it seems to work

kgaigl

Hello Morten,

thanks for the info, this might be the cause, my machine is running now, but it took about 40 minutes to complete the upgrade (without resetting AOM).

Maybe the Bug will be fixed in the next release.

regards Karl

kgaigl

Hello Morten,

thanks for the info, this might be the cause, my machine is running now, but it took about 40 minutes to complete the upgrade (without resetting AOM).

Maybe the Bug will be fixed in the next release.

regards Karl