Forum Discussion

AlexLP_236549
Icon for Altocumulus rankAltocumulus
Oct 10, 2018
Solved

RabbitMQ and AMQP Proxy

I was wondering if someone has successfully deployed an F5 application that proxies the AMQP messages for RabbitMQ on port 5672. I was hoping for some help with an iRule.

• RabbitMQ does not like to be proxied. I don't have an iRule, but I've made it work sucessfully by setting the Virtual Server to a Performance Layer 4. Then you can load balance across multiple boxes.

6 Replies

• RabbitMQ does not like to be proxied. I don't have an iRule, but I've made it work sucessfully by setting the Virtual Server to a Performance Layer 4. Then you can load balance across multiple boxes.

• Good afternoon. I realize this thread is 5 months old.....but:

I have been asked to front-end RabbitMQ on the F5 with client SSL terminating on the F5 versus server level.

Secured AMQP messaging uses port 5671, I have tried Standard VS config using secured 5671/client ssl enabled and unsecured using port 5672 and this type of standard configuration fails, with network connection errors in the log files.

Performance Layer 4 works in an unsecured manner using port 5672.

The customer is requesting all ssl termination happen on the F5 and not on the server.

Does anyone have an idea how I can accomplish this?

Thank you in advance.

gary2
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

i have similar case, is there working solution?

• Good afternoon. I realize this thread is 5 months old.....but:

I have been asked to front-end RabbitMQ on the F5 with client SSL terminating on the F5 versus server level.

Secured AMQP messaging uses port 5671, I have tried Standard VS config using secured 5671/client ssl enabled and unsecured using port 5672 and this type of standard configuration fails, with network connection errors in the log files.

Performance Layer 4 works in an unsecured manner using port 5672.

The customer is requesting all ssl termination happen on the F5 and not on the server.

Does anyone have an idea how I can accomplish this?

Thank you in advance.

gary2

i have similar case, is there working solution?

RicFer

Hi, did anyone manage howto publish AMQP with LTM over secure port 5671?

BR

Richard