Forum Discussion

AK_1947
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jan 23, 2023
Solved

Public IP address display

Hello guys, I have question about one situation. I actually for own partner, they use tool (url) to display the public IP address. They got two F5 ASM, for one, everything is OK the public Ip is d...
    Jan 28, 2023

Hi AK_1947 , 
    It’s a strange thing , because you can’t see the Self/floating ip addresses instead of the public or original source ip of the client. 
    The only way to see that if you have TWO f5 in one path or behind each other Like the below snap-shot : 

I think there is a misconfiguration in network design , because the above snap shot is the only possibility to see the self/floating sends traffic if you use the ( SNAT ->> auto map ) option in the first F5-ASM1 Appliance. 

So check it again , no further configuration to do from F5 side , the only thing is to check and review your network design configuration and traffic flow paths. 

Jan 31, 2023

Hi AK_1947 - did Mohamed_Ahmed_Kansoh or Paulius's replies help you out, or are you still struggling? If one of their replies helped solve your issue, please click "Accept as Solution" so other users with the same issue can find the answer in the future. 🙂