Forum Discussion

tempsuli
Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus
Mar 02, 2020

Procedure for upgrading a Viprion Platform (host)

Hello,

I need to upgrade viprion VCMP host to a new version. However the Install configuration option is greyed out and I found this article https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K14724.

Is this the only command I need?

eg.

clsh cpcfg --source=HD1.2 --reboot HD1.3

I have upgraded VCMP guests (viprion) and they copy the config over to a new partition even if the install config is greyed out and left to No. I just want to be sure that everything goes well for the VCMP host system.

BR

Teemu

5 Replies

NAG
    Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus

Hi,

While you installing a BigIP version in a target partition, by default, current config in current partition will also be loaded in to target partition.

On GUI, when you try to boot into target partition, you will have another chance to push current partition config in to target partition. This is helpful if config has changed since the installation and there is a need to push latest config.

Using the feature on GUI will over write the config pushed previously while installing.

Therefore, even if "Install Configuration" option is greyed out at the time of booting, you can ignore it you will still have the config pushed at config installation.

Hope this helps,

Nag

tempsuli

What do you mean by the config pushed at config installation? "you will still have the config pushed at config installation"

Is this the time when the software image is installed or latest config save?

BR Teemu

• In Viprion, Install Configuration is  greyed out by design, I upgraded one of the guest in my viprion device last week and it upgraded without any issue. clsh cpcfg helps to identify if there is some issue in the config before reboot.

tempsuli

Okay. Maybe ill go with clsh cpcfg to make sure everything is ok.

Thanks

tempsuli

Should the guests be put to provisioned or configured state?